There are couple of tools available which you need to download in order to convert your audio,video, image or documents to some other format. If you are not a regular internet user you can download Format Factory for free.
To convert your media online and receive it on your mail the following four are the best services that we tried testing-
- Supports compressed archives .zip, .rar, .tar, .tgz etc
- All popular video, audio and image formats along with documents including .docx, .xlsx etc.
- Also supports downloading of videos into some other format directly from a website. You’ll receive the converted videos in your emails.
- Allows you to manage your files with its own File Manager tool but you need to sign up for it.
Rating : 4.5/5
- Recipient of 2006 Web user award.
- Supports docs, pdf, open office, Microsoft documents and all popular formats.
- Archives – rar, zip, tar etc
- Videos – mp4, mpg, avi, wmv etc along with video presets for Windows, Mac, Linux, Nokia phones, ipod, iphones, Sony PSP, Wii, Zune and mp4 players.
- Almost all popular image formats are supported.
- Option to split media files.
- 150 MB allowable size for any media.
- Also lists the format supported on most popular phones of the world.
Rating : 4.25/5
- Excellent Web 2.0 interface.
- Sends you the converted files in your mail.
- Option to download video from Youtube, Google Videos and Metacafe directly as .flv or to convert them in a different file format and mail them to you.
- Supports documents doc, xls, ppt etc but doesn’t support docx,xlsx
- All popular audio formats are supported
Rating : 4/5
- Supports only common files including 3gp, avi, flv, mp4, mp3, wmv, wav, ogg, pdf, doc, xls, ppt and few more files.
- Allows you to directly convert files from portals like Youtube, metacafe, Blip.tv, Break.com into various video formats and you can download them instantly after the conversion.
- Allows you to change the bitrate of audio and videos and customizing codecs etc.
Rating : 3.75/5