Yesterday, Apple released iPhone Firmware 2.2 along with new version of iTunes 8.0.2 also. And that was very sudden too. You can download and install iPhone 2.2 firmware through iTunes if you have iPhone or iPod Touch.
11 new features in 2.2 firmware –
- Very much improved performance and stability of Safari Browser.
- Fixed issues related to scheduled fetching of emails.
- More stability with respect to call drop and call setup failures.
- Option to turn on or off auto-correction in Keyboard settings. (most wanted)
- You can download the Podcasts directly from iTunes app now.(on Wi-fi or 3G)
- Google street View which allows you to actually view and pan the place on a map.
- Share location using your email.
- Improved formatting in Emails.
- Improved sound quality of Visual voicemail messages.
- Display of public Transit and Walking directions in Google Maps along with display address of dropped pins.
- You can directly go to first Home screen by pressing Home Button from any Home screen you are at.
Note: If you have firmware version less than 2.0 in your iPod Touch, then you’ll have to pay few dollars for the update. Though this is absolutely free for iPhone users. And you need to have iTunes version 8.0+ to upgrade.